Sunday, November 3, 2013

Handmade Holidays Blog Hop- Day 3!!!!



Welcome to the Third Annual Handmade Holidays blog hop!! The best crafters, designers, and makers have come together to create and share  a series of thoughtful, handmade gifts for the holidays during this 3 day blog hop. Our goal is to inspire you to create something from the heart this holiday season as well as share how to use our products in fun, innovative ways. We intend this hop to serve as a resource to you for this holiday season and for years to come.

Hop along to each blog in the list. Each day, from November 1 through November 3, 2013, we’ll be posting a brand new list of blogs to hop to. Comment on each blog, share your favorite posts over social media, and then use the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of each post to enter to win the Grand Prize, a gift basket filled with crafty swag from the companies on the hop! We’re ready to inspire, share, and create – are you ready to hop?

****************************************

I had the pleasure of working with a wood piece for this hop from Walnut Hallow. I personally have never worked on wood before, so this was a new experience for me. I treated this as my canvas and so it began. 




















To begin, I primed my wood with Super Heavy Gesso and a sea sponge to make peaks. While my Gesso was still wet I applied my Walnut Hallow letters. I just eye balled it, but you may want to come up with a way to mark where each letter should be etc. Once dry I began to layer on mists.


Continue to add mediums of your choice. There is really no order to this, continue to layer until you have achieved a desired color throughout. Don't worry about getting mists on your letters. You can go back over them with your desired color later. 


With each color you can soak up some of the excess here and there if you wish or your are a bit over zealous with the mists like me ;)


I have added some Stampendous Glass Glitter and Mica Fragments for some serious sparkle!


Beyond this step, I have gone back in with Greens and Red shades to finish the look. To complete this look I have gone back over my letters with Gesso. I have also outlined my letters with black marker give them shadow and contrast against the background. I have also added some background stamping lightly here and there. 


Clearsnap Products:


Other Products:

Walnut Hallow
and

Stampendous

Flowers
Super Heavy Gesso
Glue
Spanish Moss

YOUR NEXT STOP ON THE BLOG HOP IS JOANNE FINK!!!!

Here is a list of all the blog stops today

Sizzix – Eileen Hull Designs http://eileenhull.blogspot.com/
Nathalie Kalbach www.nathaliesstudio.com
Tanner Bell   http://www.craftteen.com
Jennifer Priest http://hydrangeahippo.com
Vicki O'Dell http://vickiodell.com/

Enter for your chance to win this FAB prize!!!!!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Until Next Time!

Adrienne

30 comments:

  1. This would be perfect to make for my older sister and her fireplace mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece of artwork. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stunning, Adrienne - I'll bet the sparkle and texture in person is just out of this world. Gorgeous work on wood!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving me an idea for my impossible to buy father-in-law... the guy who has everything. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  6. Son of a sparkle! This is STUNNING! I love all the different layers and the colors are divine!!! You knocked it out of the park with this one! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing this gorgeous creation with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So creative and so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. You added such depth and color to that board, now it's an heirloom. I'm sure we have some boards in the shed. Great instructions and products. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful. It looks so much more difficult than it is. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO beautiful You have some creative ideas for being the first time working on wood. Would I ever like to be able to make something as nice as this. Thank you so much for sharing you're ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super pretty. I really like this project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wooden plaque is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wooden holiday plaque is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a gorgeous piece! It looks like it has a glow from within it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous holiday wall hanging! So much texture and sparkle. I'm sure you must now love to work with wood!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the mists and glitter and loveliness you added. Turned out so festive and pretty.
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  18. great job decorating this plaque. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really pretty. One benefit to wood is that it will hold up well for a long time. Great job.

    ReplyDelete