Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Prima Pin Spin!

Bringing to you today Prima's Pin Spin!!!!

I love this feature, this is my first try at it. I wanted to go for something SO bold and dramatic. I could look no further when I came across this pin.....


My interpretation of this very much was inspired by the water first and foremost and the colors. There is something so beautiful about this to me.

You can read about my full interpretation on the PRIMA BLOG.

Listening Heart

I chose a photo that really lined up well with the overall theme of my layout. 

This photo was taken of me recently. I see a variety of emotions and themes running through my mind when I look at it. I have been playing with Photo overlays to also achieve the emotions I was feeling at the time. This one was one of the many. I think that it is one that reminds me that life is not always going to be sunshine, and flowers, and happy 24/7. Or maybe happy, just not from an earthy source.


My heart has been troubled. I am listening to the only one that can lift the burden and I will find rest in him alone. 
Matthew 11:28.

I really have been making it my creative mission to create with emotions and use colors, mediums, and textures to really bring about an overall drama to the piece I am working on. 

What mediums or techniques do you use to achieve "emotions" or a particular "feeling" in your project? I would love to hear what you do! :)

Until Next time,

Adrienne


13 comments:

  1. Seriously stunning Adrienne! Love the colors, the emotion. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love it!
    Hav a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page and I love that bit of scripture. Thank you for sharing :) Gorgeous interpretation of that awesome and unique photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page, Adrienne! Love the drama in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is certainly your "chef d'oeuvre": it's a masterpiece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwww, I love this page, outstanding exciting , the textures are super! My totall fav of you! The inspiring picture from this painter is super, keep staring at both your layout and that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this blows my mind.. absolutely stunning.. love every inch of it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its breathtaking!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so rich in emotion and complexity. I love the verse you have chosen for this - it really exemplifies the struggles we face and yet the ability to rise above them and find peace in Him!!! You are a tremendously gifted artist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire all your work, Adrienne, but this one stands out as my absolute fav!! Such a lot of emotion and an enormous amount of detail to admire!! WOW, WOW, WOW I LOVE it!!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally AMAZING!! You never fail to inspire me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog post is very much to the point, and yet builds throughout! The initial photograph you included starts the emotion level! What a cool picture - total abandonment in creativity!
    Then you include your layout - just gorgeous! The quiet colors and equally quiet photograph are amazing. Then finally the bible verse. I am not a religious person, but the spirituality here is beyond words.
    This is my first visit to your blog - but it will not be my last!
    Julie
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ladies, I want to thank all of your and you stopping by to share in this piece. This one really spoke to me start to finish and it was trully a labor of love. I hope that I can create with as emotion on each of my works as much as I did with this one. Your kind words are always so encouraging and I love it when you stop by - even just to say HELLO!

    Thank you all!
    Have a lovely weekend! :)\

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete