Sunday, September 15, 2013

Stepping outside the norm.....


Hi All! Time for some Scrap FX Shares!

The purpose of my creations that I will be sharing with you today, is to show some variety. Give you a variation of something I don't normally do. I have been feeling like I need to try some new things and push myself a bit more.

First up is a layout highlighting the new Scrap FX Foam Stamps! This was my first time working with these, and I LOVED that some of my favorite Scrap FX chippies were now stamps! YES! This opened the floodgates to a whole new level of possibilities.

I chose to work with Bunch of Flowers

81d9a0480c99b2cf7fe8af03703e41af.image.140x200

Here I have first began with my background work and then began to add stamping with some white acrylic paint and my stamp. Get a nice even layer of paint on your stamp for this and press firmly. I have randomly placed my stamp down to make a cool floral design. I have went in with some detail work with my black paint.

photo 024

Close ups of the detail in the flowers. I have added some detail work also with a black crafter's pen.
I have framed my photo with Art Nouveau Frame B Large

5538adadbd938f744a17889c7bd3a4f7.image.200x100

photo 026


I have also branched out a bit and picked up this dream catcher I found at my local thrift store. The feathers were in pretty bad shape. I thought I might be able to fix that with my Scrap FX Mini Feathers

58018f31927db9df51374d3c39555df4.image.200x155





photo 014


I have added some sparkle to my webbing with some Donna Salazer Fairy Dust Glitter in Pralines and Cream.

I began layering lots of Prima Pretties. I have added Bel Canto and Layla Flowers from Prima. plus a few Fabric Flower Stems from the Divine Collection.

I finally added a beautiful floral cluster and tucked in raw Scrap FX Art Nouveau Flourish Chippie in here and there.

440c350aa3ac1963b16e91ccda76752d.image.158x200


To alter my feathers I have added some beautiful paint to my feathers and glued them directly to the large feather and some on a piece of leather twine hidden behind it.


photo 017
Thanks for taking the time to take a peek!
Until Next Time,
Adrienne

13 comments:

  1. I love these..especially that dream catcher, how creative!! The background of your layout is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks buddy! Yes, That Dream Catcher looks so lonely, sitting at the thrift store. I just had to give it a home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO, love how the paint softens out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout! The black and white against those awesome blues and purples is gorgeous! Love the dream catcher as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. truly breathtaking!! although, I'm not surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Adrienne! your use of those stamps is just really breath taking! and so unique, just love this lo, what bursts of color, love the dream catcher as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies! Yes, the colors turned out really fun! I LOVE bright more than EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rocked the dream catcher trend. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much! That's funny Michelle as I did not even know Dream Catchers were "in" so to speak :) Coolness!

    ReplyDelete