Friday, July 26, 2013

New Scrap FX Stencils

Scrap FX has some new stencils out this month! They are really high quality and so unique. Another plus is that the plastic is sturdy and can stand against me in a creative duel! That's saying something- as I am really hard on my stencils and stamps! LOL! The Scrap FX girls set out to challenge themselves in a creative project- create some unique with the new stencils.

I chose to use the Random Dots Stencil  to create with. When it comes to stenciling (and creating) what really appeals to me is the making of a project that is perfectly imperfect. And I love it that way. In my experimenting and playing with stencils, I have found to be much of the same as with my creative journey using stamps. My stenciling is mostly haphazard in nature and I love to mess it up a bit- give it more character. I HATE rigid edges and love to overlap stencils (or stamps) and really create a subtle edge, sometimes even blending two patterns together to make one. 


With my stencil I took some acrylic paint to it painting heavy in some places and lighter in others. Sometimes I become annoyed if I use too much paint and it smudges underneath the stencil. It's that moment when you pull your stencil off the page and think "Oh, Foooooo, it smudged!" I have learned to embrace that as it is now a part of the creative journey for me personally. I am okay with it, and sometimes I welcome it as it adds to the uniqueness of the final product.


I spritzed water to my wet paint/stencil work and had it run down a bit. I also filled in some spots with pink paint...


My chippies were painted lightly with acrylic using my finger.


Here are the other Scrap FX products I used for this creation.




I have also added some sweet Prima Florals 

970888 Wishes and Dreams Wishful Thinking Trio
571399 Scarlett

Come check out what the other ladies did with their stencils at the 




I hope you enjoyed stopping by.....:)

Until Next Time,

Adrienne



6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, love how the dark green stencil work really makes your elements pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVE thisI would have never thought to add that green color but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page and love the colours. Fab stencil and I don't see that you could possibly make any mistakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! So SO LOVELY!!! the stencil work is gorgeous but what I really love is your control over detail and placement. You are singularly talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Adrienne... just love the new stencil too... the colours in this layout are so beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is beautiful!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete