Friday, June 21, 2013

Easy Home Decor Project

Hi Everyone!

First off, I want to let you all know how much I appreciate you stopping in the other day and sharing in my news about making the Prima Design Team here and on Facebook. Reading your comments brought me to tears. It is such a cool experience and I am so glad that I can share my excitement with people who enjoy my creations. That makes me so happy :) So thank you all :)

So, the flowers have settled (hehe!) with my BIG Prima news! ((((EEEEKKKS)))).... I am still pretty excited, but how could you tell!?

 On the home front- we are moving in a week....Whirlwind!!!!  For some time now I have been thinking about decorating my walls with beautiful things once we move in. My husband is a big on art, but I need really pretty things to hang as well! You know- Girly stuff! LOL!

When I am out and about I keep on the lookout for some beautiful things to alter. I have found some beautiful and unique pieces (and all for DIRT CHEAP too) which I can take home and alter. I will be sharing with you some of my other finds in the coming weeks, but I wanted to stop in to the good ole' blog and share some photos of my wreath that I found. 



About 3 weeks ago, I found her at M's, used my 40% off coupon and went home with this GIANT wreath. I wanted to tone down the brown a bit- I put some Gesso in a spray bottle with water and spritzed lightly here and there. My cluster of flowers is Prima's Winter CHA releases. I have also added some random ribbon and resin butterflies.


My wreath just did not seem complete.....hmmm......I let it sit for a couple of days until I found some of Finn's Sunrise Sunset Roses in my stash. {{{{DING DING DING DING}}}}. I kind of dropped them here and there and let them fall as they may, glued them down, took a step back and....sigh....perfection. At least to me :)



So that's it for me today. What beautiful things have you found to alter? 
Thanks for stopping in.... 

Until Next Time,

Adrienne




5 comments:

  1. It is perfection.Very rustic and pretty.Looking forward to see more of your home décor projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design of your blog and this is a really cool idea! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the easiest way to decorate is to change your rug. It is such a centerpiece of the room so I think changing it will change the feel of the room. I am looking to change my rug into something different like a
    wool rug to add a new look but also comfort!

    ReplyDelete