Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Guest Designer for 7 Dots Studio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All! I am over-the-moon thrilled to share that I was recently asked to Guest Design for 7 Dots Studio-----I am star struck--- this company is incredible, their product TOP NOTCH, and the designers---- swoon worthy! You can check out more beautiful inspiration here on their 7 Dots Studio blog

I was so happy to receive a box full of yummy paper products from 7 Dots Studio and I have them to share with you today! I have four very different layouts- each tailored to suit the paper's design. I LOVE playing off paper- looking at each one carefully to see what fun little details it holds.

You can see for the first one, I chose to work with the amazing Dreamer Collection. The colors of this line are darker, more dramatic, and so beautiful. For this one I played off the color palette, first choosing a photo that would compliment the paper! That is half the battle in my opinion as if the photo clashes with the paper the whole process is that much harder. I picked some grungy stamps for my background, a mixture of textured fabric, and a few flowers which I have misted to have them all work cohesively together. The final step I found was that my design was missing something- something bold. I took a stencil to it with gesso, which has added so much to the final result. The stenciled image definitely creates a contrast that I was looking for!




For my next one, I wanted to have some fun with this playful print from the Hopefully Collection. The paper was fun and prefect for a photo of my daughter . The add-ons to the collection had stickers and a tag that their colors complimented the colors in my photo quite well. I then played off those colors in creating my background. I have used all water colors to achieve the look excluding my white mist that I used as a "paint" at the end to tone the colors down here and there. I have added some fun stickers and a tag behind my photo.





For Queen of Hearts- I went with a black and white photo of my kiddies..... I had two different wallet size photos that were meant to be a pair. I took a stamp set of Vintage Mirrors and stamped the image onto 7 Dots paper, I then cut the frames out and added some dimensional tape behind them to give them a lift off the paper. used tons of mediums as well as using a Stencil and Gesso to highlight the vertical lines in the patterned paper. I also added some black here and there to give some shadowing and contrast.




For my last one, I adore this collection! Love Is In The Air is AWESOME! WOW! Beautiful textures and prints. I love the colors of this particular paper--- the earth tones are beautiful against the blue shades..... I added some cardboard that I ripped into pieces to add lots of texture and give some added interest. I really whitewashed quite a bit of the paper and then added various mists in coordinating colors. I have also added some coordinating Scrap FX Chipboard pieces to the composition to help add a very masculine, yet fun boyish page. Of course I added the girly flowers too- couldn't quite help myself! LOL!




I want to thank 7 Dots for this AWESOME opportunity! I am so humbled by their talent and asking me to showcase their product has been a wonderful opportunity!

Until Next time,

Adrienne




18 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! Such wonderful projects!! You certainly made the 7Dots Studio papers stand out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not stop to admire your work, happy to find your blog. So many inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible as always Adreinne!! Huge congrats on your GDT @ 7 Dots, I am sure it will be one of many to come this year. You have totally rocked their papers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienne, this is some of your best work yet! Huge congrats to you, these are amazing, what more can I say?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is truly amazing and so very inspiring!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! These layouts are absolutely STUNNING!!! Well done!! You have done them super proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! I love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! These pieces are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these layouts are totally gorgeous!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talking about GORGEOUSNESS!! <3 I'm totally in love! Congratulations! But I must say, I'm not a bit surprised - you are creative geniuos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh you do INCREDIBLE work! Big congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Adrienne, I am glad that I have found your blog! You show so beautiful works on your Blogspot. If you like to come over, I have giveaway in my blog! Great CANDIES and 15% on my new opening of a full-Cool, creative shops! In many languages. Composed of all the heart and with love for crafting exquisite creative, sewing and decorating and many, many different techniques and sweet craft kits for children. We currently provide daily a new, even more soon Vintage and Shabby Shic and many Tilda fabrics. I will be glad, your come and take a look. Lots of love from Marina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always left speechless...amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some truly beautiful and creative pieces here Adrienne!!
    You have rocke the 7 Dots for sure!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pure perfection Adrienne, love them all!!

    ReplyDelete