Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Flying Unicorn WCYDW and a Farewell :(

Hi All! Stopping in to share a tutorial with you for WCYDW at the Flying Unicorn. This week I will be showing you some ways to define with lines. Rather, ways you can define your design to give it definition and interest with the help of a fine tip pen or marker! 

Here is my final result.........


To get this look begin by "white-washing your background with Gesso.


Once you have dried your Gesso, begin misting with several mists to get a drippy look. Take a paint brush to it, to blend here and there.


Splash on some White Mist. Let it drip.


To mimic the sweet flowers in the patterened paper, I took some corrugated cardboard and cut out some petals. I then inked them to define the ridges.


Glue your petals down.


"White-wash" each petal with Gesso as well, and then define each of them, by outlining them each with a black fine tip pen. 


Background so far.......


Close ups.


Take a stencil and some black gesso and with your paint spackle create some fun designs. Spread it on hapharzardly.


Flip your stencil upside down and press on the stencil, to achieve some reverse masking. 


Finished background.


I have added some sewing thread and some Prima brads to the design to add interest.


I have also added some Prima Alpha Stickers and attached a Prima Wooden Clip to the photo. I also added on single Manor House beauty.


And that's it! How easy is that. I love working in some defining with a pen or marker. I think it adds so much to your final result. Give it a try on your next project :)

Product List


Gesso
Corrugated Cardboard
Sewing Thread

*************************************************

And lastly, this will sadly be my last post for Flying Unicorn. :( It has been an amazing adventure working with some amazingly talented women, but I have decided to seek out new adventures and with that comes having to make some tough decisions, hence me leaving Flying Unicorn. 
Along every journey, comes stepping stones and I can say that Flying Unicorn has helped in furthering my craft for the better. I am happy to have been a part of an amazing team of women. :) 

So, with that, stay tuned for all my future endeavors. It's going to be an amazing journey. :)

Until next time,

Adrienne




10 comments:

  1. this is just amazing Adrienne :) I will miss you but I will be following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are amazing. That background is sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great tutorial and love the end result. I am going to miss you but I wish you nothing but the best in your next step. You better come back and visit us though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!!! I think you are one of the most talented scrappers out there, your pages are just alive with texture....I love to try out new techniques, so I will definatly give this a go!! Please keep up your videos, I love to see your process, and I have really enjoyed the videos you have done so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous Lo and tutorial!! it looks amazing!! and good luck with all your endeavors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS!!!!! FABULOUS work!!!! The colors are awesome- I forgot to mention in my previous comment that I think you would excel in a monochromatic layout! I find designing with just white comforting- no having to figure out color combos or matching items to colors in the photos- I think you should try it! :)
    PS pinned the page to my "shabalicious" board.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is another amazing layout. I totally understand about wanting to spread your wings. Stepping down from an amazing group is oh so hard. I know because I did the same not to long ago. But doing so, opened so many other doors for me and I didn't want to miss a thing! Cant wait to see where your next journey takes you. I know it will be amazing!! xo

    ReplyDelete