Sunday, April 21, 2013

Scrap FX Shares

Hi All! Its my turn over at the Scrap FX blog- check it out here! 

I am SO thrilled to be a part of the Scrap FX team and am looking forward to my adventures exploring with chipboard! I hope that we can all gain inspiration from one another in the coming year!

I wanted to do a couple of shares with you so you can get to know my style. It just so happens to I had done quite a bit of white washing with these two layouts....hehe :)

This first one I was very drawn to the swirls of the flourish. When playing around with this piece, I was trying to decide which direction I wanted it to be going, then I spotted the beautiful butterfly frame in my stash- putting the two of them together, they became so harmonious and married well together. What a pair! I have primed these pieces and simply dabbed my finger in some acrylic paint and lightly dabbed and blended the paint onto my chippies. 



Twisted Reeds (2013047)


Butterfly Circle Small (2011162)



Adore Words (2013065)



For the next one, I was very much inspired by the gears on this beautiful tree chipboard peice. I love the masculine/steampunk feel it has.... I found this photo of myself and my DS and thought that they might be a good match :)

The background was created using lots of mediums I love the layers and layers it involved. I sometimes have to learn when to say when with the art mediums :)

The chippies were treated with the same manner. I primed them with Gesso, then inked with brown  chalk ink. For the tree, I used some beautiful Stampendous Embossing Powder in Marine and Bronze here and there. I finally VERY LIGHTY hit it with a thin layer gesso. 




Cog Tree (2012334)


Mother and Son (2012060 )


Thanks for stopping in to look. You can check out more by me here 

Until next time,

Adrienne



17 comments:

  1. Realy fab and creative LOs. Love all the little details and colours, this is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layouts Adrienne.... just love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is amazing, love your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot woot Adrienne....gorgeous work....love all the mixed media :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Adrienne I just love these layouts and the wonderful rich backgrounds that you create. When I have tried to get the same effect it just looks a mess. Thanks you for sharing your beautiful creations...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love your layuots! Georgeous how you create your backgrounds and what you do with the chipboards!
    Have a wonderful week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all! You are all SO kind and I really appreciate you coming to "visit" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first one so much! So sweet and graceful. The second is gorgeous two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic layouts and backgrounds!!! Just LOVE your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pages Adrienne! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both layouts are absolutely GLORIOUS! I absolutely LOVE what you do with art mediums ... and that tree.... stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maravillosos estos dos ultimos trabajos, me encantan, cada detalle es una leccion, felicidades.
    Disfruto muchisimo tus videos.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. just just fantastic!! I'm always speechless when I come to your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are amazing! seriously ADrienne!!!! I just finished a layout and I channeled you , I used some bright colors that I never would have done before!

    ReplyDelete