Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Favorite Things: A Scrap FX Mini Hop!

Hi All! 

As you all may or may not have known I joined the wonderful team over at Scrap FX! I am thrilled at this opportunity and I finally get to share SOME of the things I have been working on.

This time around we are hosting a Mini Hop- I hope that you check out all the other girls that are linked up, as their work is INCREDIBLE and so inspiring! 

The theme of our hop is "Favorites"............... create a layout that shares what your favorites are and what they mean to you. 

This got me thinking----not WHAT are my favorites, but WHY do I like them? What do I like doing most when creating?

Of course my faves you already know- here's WHY I like them......

Chipboard
I LOVE the smell of them :) I love how they are so incredibly versatile  You can leave them "raw" or do anything to them really. They leave soooo much room for experimentation!

Gesso
 This stuff has saved some of my layouts from being ruined, and helping others go over the top... I especially love Super Heavy Gesso which I actually prefer now.

"My" Mists
Any array, meaning anything from homemade to Shimmerz, TA, Lindy's, Color Shine
I could really write a book at them. AND, they aren't just for misting anymore. I especially love to Paint with them. I have found that it consumes less of the mist and gives me more freedom.

Flowers
Oh yes, flowers. For me personally, flowers have changed my whole view on scrapbooking. It wasn't until I found that you can add these beautiful things to your layout that I found I was at home. I found what I love most about creating. These little things add so much.

Stamps
Oh, I do NOT treat all stamps equally! LOL!
I like most stamps, but I am very much in love with my background stamps and that is what I go to grab 95% of the time. Sometimes the layout is just missing a little something, and a stamped image is what I choose instead. Either way, they are all fun. I love to use black ink in particular.Which leads me to my next fave.....

Accent in Black
Oh yes, a fave of mine for sure. I grew up with some art experience. I have a family who loves to draw, paint etc. I always knew things look more realistic with some shadowing. Sometimes black just gives that amazing shadow or contrast that I need. It was not until I started to play around with my black mediums that my world of scrapping changed drastically. 

Doodling
I love to doodle sometimes on my layouts. I particularly enjoy shadowing my masked areas on my work with a fine tip black pen. I love how this REALLY makes the image POP!

So finally I will now share a layout that encompasses all my favorite things.... Ready?!































I have used some seriously INCREDIBLE chipboard pieces here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE ( really DO Love THAT much) these amazing scribble chippies

I have used these awesome little Scribble Rectangles Set (2013045)


and 



 Here are the links to the other stops you can make :)



Thanks for stopping by! 

Until next time,

Adrienne 







18 comments:

  1. What a fabulous page, Adrienne, I just love the way you have used the frames. A lot of your favorites are my favorites, too :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amazing girl you absolutely love your page...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly rocked this theme Adrienne, love the work you have put in! That page is just divine!!!!! Your faves seem to be permanently on my work table also but have not tried a thick Gesso, sounds very useful!! Mxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout Adrienne, Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your fav's:), great work too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Those frames are awesome, and love the way you used them to frame Karina's adorable face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the work you've done with the background!! Soft colors, and just perfectly with your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I love how you broke down that list :) I truly need/must have/love many of those items too! And what a fabulous job on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing LO. So much great crativeness is going on your page. Love the little frames and all the paint/mist
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very beautiful and we share alot of the same "loves".Stunning creation once again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just as fantastic as always Adrienne!!! Wow I'm always speechless when I see your work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Es una verdadera maravilla ver como trabajas tus proyectos, creativos y muy didácticos, yo los disfruto una barbaridad, ahora que no puedo entrar ni siquiera en el PC, tu eres mi excepción y corro cada vez que veo que sacas una obra de arte nueva.
    Muchas felicidades.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you soooo much everyone. I appreciate all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rocking LO! Love all the little things to see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous WOrk! I was feeling a little creative burn out today, but I am now inspired again! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love reading about your favorite things Adrienne!! We share quite a few, particularly the super heavy gesso - been hooked on this for some time, isn't it wonderful??! Ahh, but I digress, LOL. Your page is oh so spectacular! I adore the background and how you've layered up the scribble frames to highlight your adorable photo!! The flower butterflies are super cute as well!! Terrific stuff!

    ReplyDelete