Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Kit of the Month Shares and a VIDEO!

HI All! Time for some Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month shares! I wait anxiously for reveal day all month long and I can finally share these with you all! YAY!

You can find this amazing Kit here


I played off the design of the Prima Pattered Paper, extending upon the artsy drips on the paper and adding some myself- okay lots! LOL!






This one has lots of layers, I have used a Prima Stencil to finish off the background and then highlighted it with a fine tip marker to really make the stenciled background stand out. There are lots of beautifully distressed flowers from the kit and I LOVE that resist canvas tea cup from the kit that you can mist etc. I have used Lindy's Stamp Gang Cotton Candy on this particular one! LOVE that color!




I went crazy on the background treatment with this one I have used a Prima Wood Grain Stencil in the background with some light Chalk ink and then went wild with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists. I finished it off with a Prima stamp.
These wooden doors had been hiding in my stash forever---- staring back at me....I have been unsure of them until now. To give the look that they were opening up a bit to display that gorgeous baby face, I build up some mounting tape under them.....



Here is another using some beautiful new Scrap FX Chippies as a base. I have used the Scribble Heart. I loved the playfulness of the scribbles and decided to really play off of it and add some scribbles of my own using a paintbrush. Then came the massive amounts of Prima and Manor House Creations Flowers. 
My fave part about this is the beautiful contrast of the neutral colors against that amazing Lindy's Stamp Gang Wisteria Purple Blue (included in the Embellishment Add On). I am completely in love with that color now- a new fave! :)

Here is a bit of the new Scrap FX chippies that were just released

http://www.scrapfx.com.au/blog/http://www.scrapfx.com.au/blog/
 (Flying Unicorn will be carrying these shortly)







And finally......I have completed my first ever video!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the final product of my video



You can find the video here






 I wanted to share my creation using up some of the leftovers from the kit and a mix of things from my stash that you can kind in the Flying Unicorn Store. I was a bit camera shy about the whole thing, so I am rambling a bit, but I left the whole thing unedited. I wanted you to see me- as is. 

In this video you will see my creative process from start to finish. I am a bit of a chatty cat, so feel free to skip through it. I am so happy I have done this, and hopefully grow as a crafter through it. I guess my biggest motivation was that I have been getting TONS AND TONS of requests asking for this. And as nervous as I was to do it, I am glad I did. I have my own You Tube Channel now Scrappychic4life, and I will be posting many more videos of my process and work soon. Please take some time and let me know you were over there and subscribe to me! :) I soooo appreciate any and all comments and LOVE! 

Much Love,

Adrienne

15 comments:

  1. such amazing layouts...you rocked this kit!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. just fantastic Adrienne!! love love your style and mixed media techniques. Will head over to your video!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! MY! GOODNESS! ME! I Soooooo ADORE those artsy drips in your layouts... WOW! WEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - absolutely gorgeous! every single creation is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful child and very creative layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoyed watching your creative process and an awesome job with the video! Your layouts were all stunning....some of prettiest I have seen...very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beyond GORGEOUS work Adrienne! Thanks for choosing Shimmerz as part of your artistic process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrienne you are just awe inspiring. I mean it when I say this you inspire me to do layouts like no other!!!!! You are the best in my humble opinion! Truly you are ! I wish I was as brave and bold as you are with color Nd backgrounds you inspire me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Georgeous layouts! Thank you for your video - so inspirating!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all! It means so much to hear such sweet feedback! Awww, Miranda I am blushing! Thank you OTP Goddess! HEHE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adrienne! Your pages are amazing and the video was perfect! I have racked my brain wondering how you got the dripped look...and can't believe you found that technique by accident?! They are absolutely part of your trademark! Your awesome for sharing your secrets, and I agree with Miranda...You really are the best in the biz! Oh, and you sound exactly the way I pictured you would, which never happens...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are incredible Adrienne. More amazing layouts. I loved watching your first video tutorial. And will be watching all the others you post. I'm always in awe of your backgrounds so it was fabulous to watch video of one being created x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work as always Adrienne, always smile when you visit my blog......thanks lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I've watched this a couple of times now. I keep getting drawn to this! Love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really enjoyed watching your video tutorial and being able to see your process! Looking forward to tying these techniques and using more color in my layouts! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete