Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Flying Unicorn May Kit--Coffee and Muse!

HI All! Stopping in for some Kit Shares. This Month's Flying Unicorn Kit of Month Coffee and Muse was spectacular and filled with beautiful goodies! The various textures and colors were perfection!

For my first creation, I was inspired to play with these beautiful Prima Blooms. I can't stop making baby pages with my daughter's newborn photos! I am addicted I think! 
There is this gorgeous lace attached to Paper in the kit, I decided to rip it apart! I tore it into strips to give it some fluff and It then became a blanket or backdrop for my cluster.
I started building my cluster with the Prima Vine from the Embellishment Add on and building my cluster up around it, tucking in flowers here and there. For the background I wanted a contrast so I wanted a bit of a rustic look yet, still feminine- The background was created with a Prima mask from my stash and then I took some water color paint to the background.



















I had so much fun playing around with the Tim Holtz Configuration Box-this month's OTP Project. I have decided to take all the compartments out and it will be a mementos box. I have lose trinkets and finds, or photos of days trips we take, and have no special place for it. I thought this would be perfect so all that stuff can have a pretty new home instead of a plastic ziploc bag.

To Create- it was so easy. I did not prime my box with Gesso which I usually would have done, but started with some ink pads (Mix of TH Distress Ink Pads, Clearsnap Chalk Ink and Prima Chalk Edgers) instead. One at a time, I took each color and lightly brushed over the top of the box, being sure to spread each color out over the whole box intermittently  I also left some spots of the box bare. I also included the chalk ink from the kit on this in small sections- the results were stunning. I then would take a makeup sponge and softly blend it all together.

Then, taking some Green Art Anthology Paint from my stash, I used my finger to lightly blend it through. I thought to myself how rustic it was turning out---- how could I get it even more so? I figured I would add more green to it- I took some gesso and spread it over the top haphazardly--- and then once dry I took another green mist (Glimmer Mist in Lily Pad) over top that making it look really old and rustic! It looks soooooo cool in person. The embellishments were the easy part. I have included Chipboard, paper flowers, ribbon, and burlap fabric from the kit, along with a Manor House Flower from my stash as well as the Scrap FX Chipboard Window.


Thanks for stopping in for a bit! I so appreciate all you coming and your sweet comments :)

Until Next Time,

Adrienne


5 comments:

  1. wow, you have got some really beautiful creations here. Love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove how that box turned out, the background looks amazing! Gorgeous projects, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That page is gorgeous adrienne and the box is so grungy and awesome! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete