Saturday, February 2, 2013

CSI Case File #57 and some Kit Shares!!!!!

HI All! Its Friday again and that means reveal over at CSI: Color Stories Inspiration! I want to first thank you all who have participated in the Blog Hop this past week! The response was overwhelming, I read through each and every comment and I sooooooooooooo appreciate all your kind words. I am so happy that I can inspire you all and give you some quick tips to try! So, thank you ALL!

CSI will be announcing the winner's of each RAK shortly on their site!!! Stay tuned!

So let's get started. Let's get right to the point and share Case File #57.......



Here is how I solved the case.............





For my evidence I used Flowers, Leaves, and diecuts which all were used from my Design Team goodies for  Flying Unicorn's February Kit of the Month! I adored playing with this kit especially the GORGEOUS metal pieces that came with the kit but also have just been released separately in the Flying Unicorn store!

Metal Adornments

For my testomony, I wrote a letter to the babies, using the inspiration word- love to jump start my journaling. I wrote about how I just ADORE watching you two play together. I love watching them laugh and giggle and carrying on...At this point in time there is more fighting than laughing, but on the occasions that I find them playing well, reading a story together, my heart just swells. 

The Flying Unicorn February Kit's colors were just perfection and went soooo well with this case file for CSI!!!! I began with LOTS of misting. I have been spending quite a bit of time, I have found the artistic expression I have found with these to be so freeing. I LOVE cracking open the bottle, dipping my brush in and just moving the mists around on my page and seeing what happens!!!!! It is my therapy! LOL!

Speaking of moving art mediums around here is another Design Team Creation using the beautiful Feb Kit!

Lots of misting moved around to achieve this background. It is a task that requires not only patience, but understanding that the colors will mesh a little. I used to get so mad when they would run together, but have found blasting it with a heat gun between colors has helped immensely. Once I was done misting, I added lot of stamping and swiped on some black Gesso- A new fave of mine!!! The clustering is the easy part- rough them up also with a bit of black gesso and you are done!!!


Here is another one I worked with using the beautiful kit and some beautiful misting mediums from the store!


To get this background I first white washed part of my background, while still wet, I took a crackle stamp that has really deep etching and rolled over top to get the crackle look. Embellishments went on first with this one. Once all my beautiful embellies from the Flying Unicorn February Kit were all on, then I started to explore with mediums. I love the dramatic look of the jagged edges. I also love watching the paint seep into the cracks. I then went over it will Glimmer Glam- Copper Kettle to tone down the brown acrylic. 

There is that beautiful butterfly metal Adornment again---- LOVE!!!!!

So come check out CSI- Color, Stories, Inspiration and become inspired to share YOUR story!


Also come check out Flying Unicorn Forums and stop in and say "HI!"



Stay Tuned for more beauties by me!

XOXO,

Adrienne




4 comments:

  1. these are alllllll soooooo amazing you ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love each of these, Adrienne!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW absolutely STUNNING!!!! I so love each and everyone of these...your techniques amaze me! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layouts Adrienne, all three of them, but somehow I'm really drawn to the last one. It is spectacular. Love it!

    ReplyDelete