Monday, January 21, 2013

Fun with Thread

Hi All! I have been creating soooooo much as of lately- my creativity has been running on high power and I have been taking advantage of it while it is going strong. I have found some fun inspiration in the most curious of places- the thrift store. (My hubby and I have always been huge fans of antiques, but since kids we have been bumped down to only feeling safe taking the kids to thrift stores--hehe! We have a kid who is like a bull in a china shop- so thrift stores are a safer bet!)

Most of the stores we hit up almost always have a craft and hobby section. I have been on the hunt for metal pieces with no luck, but have hit the jackpot with threads, fibers, and ribbons. They have quickly become my newest obsession. I know I have said this before, but I always need to stretch a dollar, and these fibers are CHEAP ( usually within 25-50cents!) I love it!

So I have been continuing my adventures with some beautiful paper lines from the Flying Unicorn store- exploring with color (with Mists) and playing with these fibers.... For this first one I was playing again with the beautiful Studio 75 papers..... I have chosen the Winter Time 01 to play with.... I love the soft image up the side and even though it is "winter" I went bold with some beautiful autumn tones. I love this photo of my little guy trying to pick up a pumpkin. He is always trying to be "strong!"


After doing some misting, the fibers were thrown down, I literally drop it onto the paper and let it lay where it wants (of course primping it a bit in the direction I want it to go ;))


Flying Unicorn Store Supplies


************************************************************************

I also played along at 7 Dots Studio- January Challenge- the challenge is to use Cold Colors.....Here is my interpretation....


To create this background I took a Dusty Attic Brick Wall negative and used Golden Molding Medium (soon to be carried in the Flying Unicorn Store) and filled in the bricks. Once dry, I went nuts with the misting with some "cool" colors. I need some boldness, so I added a TINY bit of black gesso haphazardly to the design as well as some stamping... Fibers were added to this one too as a filler underneath my cluster.


Flying Unicorn Store Supplies


I want to thank you so much for stopping by my blog today- I appreciate each and every one of you- Thanks for my being my followers!

Blessings, 

Adrienne


16 comments:

  1. wow stunning work!! love the splatters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! absolutely love your work!!! Loved your brick wall on the last one!! And gorgeous colors/photo on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant pages, loving the first one , awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such encouraging comments. Love your work and I'm a new follower. Love what you did with the fiber!! I love thrift stores and yard sales too!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! These pages are so cool...it's very much "eye-candy" for me!! Thanks for your lovely visit to my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! i just fell in love with your work! so beautifull! i became a member and will came here often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both just so amazing, Adrienne! The first one literally made me laugh out loud, ha!! Love that picture :)!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  8. toujours aussi joli !
    corinne de france

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to say both are great layouts... But really like the one with the black and pink colors. I also like the brick style drawing to the background that really got my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout for Cold Colours challenge is awesome!! I love it!! Thank you for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow both such stunning layouts! Your work is so inspiring.
    I would love to scrap with you one day x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see all your pages on CSI, I've never came here before, so stupid... I Love what you do !

    ReplyDelete