Saturday, January 5, 2013

Flying Unicorn Kit Shares

Hi All! The Flying Unicorn January Kit is here! It is gorgeous- as always :) I have some shares for you, so lets get started!

All my creations are created with tons of layering. For the first one I ripped the banner diecut add on from the kit into peices (literally) and layered them underneath my photo! I then covered it all with Gesso to pull them all together. Lots of clustering of flowers from my stash and tucking the sweet Kaisercraft ribbon into the cluster. I have also added washi tape and stamped with a flower stamp, each from my stash as well!



The second creation was created with the Mister Huey's Mask from the the main kit. I took it and would haphazardly mask down and across the page, every once in awhile switching the direction of the mask - alternating it horizontally and then some vertical. Once dry I misted with tons of Tattered Angels Mists from the Flying Unicorn store. Then lots of layers from the Pink Paislee Epherma pack and various Basic Grey Products from the kit and Embellishment Addon




The Basic Grey Papers from the kit are AMAZING! The pattern on this particular paper by Basic Grey is amazingly bold and FUN, but it to get any of my elements to pop I needed to whitewash some of it out. I then took misting to it with Tattered Angels in various colors. I misted and also took the nossel out of the bottle and added some small splats! The corrugated cardboard from the kit- LOVE! I hand cut some arrows with that and whitewashed them each with Gesso. I found this cool feather from my stash and some fun wire to twirl around my photo! I also have added embellies from my stash- Prima Shabby Chic Treasures- Birds (personal FAVE) and Manor House Creations Flowers  both which can be found in the Flying Unicorn Store!


Lots of layers on this! I inked my edges lightly with Mix'd Media Inks in Leather. I added some Washi tape to the top and bottom of my page and then toned it down, by going back over it lightly with my dear friend Gesso :) I added my layers of Pink Paislee tags and such and then inked the edges with Shimmerz- love how it looks like it is dripping! Lots and Lots of splashes and your done!


 What fun it was to open my kit this month and find this sweet MINI!The Mini I used Gel medium and pasted down my papers. Once dry I was able to add some gorgeous embellies and then rough it up a bit with some Gesso all over. I don't really like the look of the metal rings so tied ribbon and trim to them- sigh. Much better! So sweet touch to just sweeten them up a touch!


For the OTP box- I kept it simple. I gave this as a gift box with my father in mind. I wanted to keep it masculine with some fun extras. I painted my whole box with a soft colored paint. I then added versa-ink found in the embellishment add-on. I them went back over it with Gesso to rough it up a bit and then finished with a crackle stamp!


Thanks so much for taking the time for look! 

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment