Monday, January 14, 2013

Card/ Tag Challenge and TUTE!

Hello Everyone! Another Card/ Tag Challenge is here at the Flying Unicorn Forums!

 http://flyingunicornforums.com/forum/top/7

I hope you can take the time to play along. I have prepared a tag for you as inspiration piece and have added a quick picture tute on how I came about this process.

I have been following January's Special Creative Jumpstart Summit- I was watching Julie Fei- Fan Balzer create a tag using several mediums and I thought I would try something different from my norm. Typically I dont do a whole lot of tags and I also dont go so bold in color- But there is always times that it is good to try new things and grow as a crafter so I took the time to try this.... the following is a photo process of exactly step by step how I came to my final product!


Gather product....

Using a makeup sponge, ink on your design using a stencil....


Next, block off any areas you don't want misted, and MIST AWAY!


Here I took a gelato and used it to fill in my chevron stencil.....Use your finger to blend a bit....


Result..... Nice layers, but I am missing some boldness.....


Time to take another stencil and some paint and add black hearts....


Time to add detail. I took a white ink pen and added details to my hearts and chevron. This also tones the all the black down a bit.... don't need to go TOO bold....lol

Add some embellies and your are done! 




So here is my challenge for you, step out of the box, and create a card or tag that is BOLD and screams playful and fun! You have to use s bit of black and the colors have to be bold and bright....easy enough right?!

Here is the beautiful RAK up for grabs for the winner..........


Here are some of the rules.....

Choose a card or tag- or both!
You can enter up to 3 times
Card or Tag must be new as of Jan 15, 2013... Challenge closes on 14th of Feb at 8pm EST.
Winner will be selected at random
Winner has 7 days to claim the gorgeous prize!

Now get creating! 



XOXO,
Adrienne


List of Supplies





Chalkboard Paint from the October Kit of Month


1 comment: