Thursday, December 27, 2012

Making your Layout POP!

HI All! I have some shares for you today using some beautiful product from the Flying Unicorn Store! These products are beautiful. I want to share with you today how you can take these products and there versatility and make a beautifully texturized page!




To start I chose a variety of embellishments with different sizes textures and colors. I love to have two contrasting types- for this first one I love having the metal gears against the white resin.


I then went about working on my background treatment, using my gears stencil and Gesso. I liked working with this gears stencil. Normally, I would think a boy page when working with this stencil, but I always enjoy mixing things up and trying things that are normally unconventional.
Obviously use your best judgement when choosing textures and materials. You don't want to overdo it and have 15 flowers all different colors, and metal and resin, and trim, and lace, and black and white and brown and doilies, and wood and and and........... 


Once my background treatment was done and I had added a variety of embellishments and flowers I just thought something was still missing. At this point in my creative process I normally go about adding bits and pieces of a contrast color- to really give my page a boost. Whether that be black ink or brown. Just giving it that extra something. Today- I decided raw chipboard and kraft border would be just what my frilly flowered layout is looking for. I love the result! The kraft against all the color is stunning! The rawness of the chipboard looks like the perfect match for all that color! Opposites attract! HA!
Hover over the list below to links to these items used!

Items found in the Flying Unicorn Store
Manor House Creations Flowers- Silver Bells, Sprinkles


The process of creating the next layout is generally the same. I treated my background by using a craft Spackle  spreading it where I wanted my clusters to be. I think misted and stamped to get that cracked effect. Lots of layers of paper and foam dots give the photo a lift! The white against the grays  blues, and blacks looks so wintery! To downplay the layout a tad I added bits and pieces of natural twine peeking out from under my clusters. A little goes a long way in giving those little details that add up to something big!



Items used from the Flying Unicorn Store
Dusty Attic Chipboard

Thanks for taking the time to stop in!
Until next time!

Adrienne

1 comment:

  1. I want to play with your stash!! You make the most amazingly beautiful layouts. These are awesome

    Happy Crafting,
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete