Monday, December 10, 2012

Flying Unicorn Kit on Month Shares!

HI All! Hope this find your holiday season filled with fun and joy! I am here to share with you some of my Flying Unicorn kit of the month projects and lots to share so lets get started.
November 2012 take 2 028
Lots going on in this layout. To begin I pasted down my photo. I then took a sea sponge and dabbed gesso around the border of the photo. While I was waiting for things to dry I took some time to play with the beautiful kit and embellishment add ons, strategically placing them in a cluster next to my photo. I love the diverse choice in embellies. The wood frames, flowers, sticker sheet, and fun Prima Metal chain of crowns which I cut off from the twine and added within my cluster. The vine in the center is from my personal stash. 
Now for misting. I cover my photo with baby wipes to protect against my mists and began spritzing like mad with several colors of Glimmer Mist. What I LOVE about misting and even using gesso to whitewash my items is sometimes I like how it helps the whole layout come together in perfect unison. Love that!
Stamping of course followed to complete the look!
November 2012 take 2 039
I enjoyed creating this. Typically I go more for a layout that has lots of white space, but for this I could not help myself! The elements that I saw cohesively working just really took up most of my page! First I adore this patterned paper from the main kit from FabScraps. SWOON! I dont normally do blue so this was kinda fun to try new things. I first whitewashed my background a bit. Roughed it up. Next lots of stamping.
I LOVE the Pink Paislee Artisan Elements included in the kit! Oh my goodness! ADORE! They are soooo fun. You can play around with them with art mediums or you can leave them white. I decided to take Faber Castel Gelatos to mine with a mix of blue and purple shades. I took my finger to it to blend the colors a bit. Finally I then went about fussy cutting several elements from the Ruby Rocket Patterned Paper and adding some sweet flowers. 
Gotta love that photo of my DD taken on her first birthday!
Snow! 057
Finally, I love the cork board included with the kit. At first I was stumped as to what I would do with it, but then I just went to it. Once again, my starting point was white washing with gesso. I treated my Maya Road Chipboard from the main kit with Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel in Ivory. I finished each letter with some ink around the edge. 
I added lots of embellies from my own stash- and then finished with white trim around the perimeter. I plan on hanging it, so I added some stick pins to pin things to the board. Pictures, notes, whatever!
I hope you enjoyed reading my feature today! I hope you have found inspiration or learned something new. 
As always you can find all these beautiful goodies from the December kit in the Flying Unicorn store!!!
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment