Monday, October 15, 2012

Flying Unicorn's A Journey In Time

Hi all! Been neglecting my blog this week- stopping in for some shares using Flying Unicorn's October Kit-- A Journey in Time.
This kit is beautiful- the papers are so masculine, and yet are prefect for any themed page or project. I opened my kit and immediately my mind began to spin out of control thinking of all the pages I could create using pictures of my little guy. However, in the end my layouts took my  in a totally different direction.
My brother is going to be a new Daddy here next month ( I am SO excited) and one look at maternity pictures and I knew I had to use this kit. The photos from the maternity session were beautiful and very neutral in color. The photos of my sister in law out in the field were just perfect for this kit. I love this photo in particular with her white shirt against the black background taken near the barn door. So rustic and beautiful!
DSC05367

Life as we know it 1012
For my next layout, the beautiful Scrapcake paper was just screaming FUN! I used the beautiful Crafter's Workshop Mask from the Embellishment Add On and Black Chalkboard paint from the kit to create a custom background. The gears from the kit were stamped with a mixture of bright paints. I thought this photo of my son in the Zinnia feild was perfect for the colors of the gears.....
Life as we know it 1009

Life as we know it 1005

What great fun I had with this kit! Amazing colors and patterns. Beautiful textures and a mix of gorgeous embellishments. A stunning addition to any stash. Check it out in the Flying Unicorn Store 
Until next time!
Adrienne

2 comments: