Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Flying Unicorn September Kit Shares

Check out the Today Post on Flying Unicorn Here

I am stopping in today to share some of my work from the GORGEOUS and oh-so versatile September Kit of the Month Vintage Harmony! Isn't it so beautiful!? I know this has been said a thousand times before, but I will say it again- You can do so much with this kit. There is something for everyone and really- every theme!
The first one up I decided to be a bit playful and create a Fall layout. I thought the bright colors of the diecut peices would look fun layered behind the photo. I loved this time of year as Fall is my favorite. This time last year we were looking forward to the arrival of our little "Pumpkin" Karina...She came 3 days afer this photo was taken- this was our family outting to the Pumpkin Patch!
Flying Unicorn 012
And a close up.....prego belly close up ;)
Flying Unicorn 015

Next, came Christmas.....Oh, how I llllllllooove the Christmas season. I love the colors of some of these papers in the this kit for their romantic reds and greens- which I thought were prefect for scrapping some photos of my little man opening some gifts Christmas morning!!!
I wanted the paper to look like it was being torn like a Christmas gift, which would meet in the center where my photo and large sparkly cluster was! For this layout I punched some of the kit paper and began taking my brick stamp and some brown shimmer spritz from the kit pooled onto a plate and make a print on the background. I then went even further and topped it off with a black inked stamp. I love the bold background and how there are subtle hints of the patterned paper showing through, but there is also lots of brown and black stamped images on top........
Flying Unicorn Sept Kit 005
Flying Unicorn Sept Kit 003
Out of this kit came a two baby layouts, a fall layout, and a Christmas layout. WOW! I had so much fun creating for this kit! 
Lastly I want to share some pictures of my off the page project- The house. I was a bit stumped when I first got it. It orginally was going to be a Christmas Country Home with lots of snow and more snow, but I worked and worked at it and it just was'nt coming together. That is how the cookie crumbles sometimes. I worked double time to come up with another idea in its place.
{{Enter Haunted House}}
Summers end 019
And some close ups....
Summers end 020
I added crooked shingles, and door, some clear transparencies inked yellow for the windows, painted the house with textured paste in black/brown, and added some cute stickers. I changed my snow filled trees by cutting the "limbs" haphazardly and then adding LOTS of glitter. My Son is going GAGA over this thing and has since shaken out all the glitter from the trees. I guess my intent of making it kid friendly succeeded.
Thanks for stopping in and sharing in my creations! 
XOXO,
Adrienne

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I adore the way you shingled your house, so cool!! Perfect!!! Your layouts are all gorgeous, as always!!! You really rocked your first FUL kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there, just popped over from CSI for a nosey - LOVE your pages and that haunted house is SO Cool! Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome creations. I'm in love with your fall layout!
    And wow at your off the page house! So clever girl!

    ReplyDelete