Monday, July 30, 2012

Prima Happy Dance!!!

I told you I would be back in a flash!

So for the month of July, I was invited to be Guest Designer for Prima Marketing....I was and still am pinching myself with such an awesome opportunity!

I wanted to share some of my work I did for them over the last month.....

Sleepy Little Man



I came across this newborn photo of my DS recently and just had to scrap it. The similarities between my two little ones a birth is striking! I wanted my photo to be the main focus of my layout, therefore I used a beautiful array of Prima product to wrap this photo of my son like a warm hug.

Beach Babe


Some beautiful close-ups.....



I simply could not wait to scrap pictures of our recent family vacation to the beach! It was my daughter (and son's) first time there and she looks simply adorable checking out the sand and surf. In creating this layout I wanted a soft look to mimic the sand, so I white washed many of my elements, and added what I thought to be nautical elements like shells, metal birds, and cheesecloth (fish netting).

Sleeping Beauty


And some closies.........



I just adore the Nature Garden Collection. This particular paper goes beautiful with my photo like a perfect match! The dark colored paper used in conjunction with the black and white Bretton Vine are a stunning contrast to the colorful mix of flowers I tucked within it. Tears and distressing of the outer edge of the paper further juxtaposed the bright florals used within my cluster.

Dream Beautiful



For this particular layout the beautiful Nature Garden paper line was a wonderful jumping off point, as I played off the florals and patchwork-like blocks in the paper. Using various art mediums I misted and inked the background to prepare it for some stamping for added interest. I also used Prima's sweet resin bridge to create a focal point to draw the eye towards the photo and then placed all my gorgeous flowers around it like a sunny garden.

I am so thankful to have had such a wonderful opportunity! Thanks Prima!!!
If you have a chance head over to the Prima Blog and check it all out!!!
XOXO,

Adrienne





7 comments:

  1. LOL Adrienne, I did the same dance! actually I almost fell off my chair when I saw it! how cool that you got to go first. I'm next Feb 2013 but no matter when i'm so honored!!. You layouts are gorgeous!! I'm a new follower

    http://kerentamir.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Adrienne, just found your blog via Prima...beautiful work!!! My appologies as I pinned 3 of your layouts before I saw your request to contact you first.. I didn't see another way to contact you so ,very sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Grammycher!!! Glad you feel inspired by my work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your layouts in the Press blog Adriana and I was enchanted with the beauty and softness of them.
    Congratulations, your work is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So precious and beautiful pages Adriana!!!! You put it all together just perfectly! Love you work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love "your" work - of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Adrienne! WHat stunning layouts you made for Prima. I love them all.
    You are such a talented lady xo

    ReplyDelete