Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tag! Your'e It!

Hi Everyone! I am back to post some goodies!

I have been busy as usual creating and keeping myself from going mommy-crazy! I am so thankful for this craft. I have been so blessed to have a creative eye and put it to good use. Hope I can inspire you today!

Up first I have a Tag made of Prima yummies! I normally don't do tags as I quite enjoy the safety of a 12 by 12 layout as opposed to this which is about 2 1/2 in by 5in. But alas, I thought it might be a good time to push myself to try something new.


And a closeup 


This would have been quite easy for me to make if my fingers weren't so long!!!! I was getting myself in a huff because I kept knocking those teeny-tiny (ADORABLE I might add) paper flowers around as I was playing around with the elements and planning my execution. By the end I was layering all those tiny elements with tweezers! EKK! Once completed this big far is one of my favorite creations I have made as of lately!

I also made a new mini album- I have not come up with a title yet, but it is in the works. 


I will be adding this item to my Etsy Shop shortly, so come check it out!


And lastly, because a blog entry wouldn't be the same without one - a layout!
I loved playing around with paint and art mediums with this one and I tried something new this time- stitching is the "it" thing to do lately on layouts, and since my sewing machine and I are STILL broken up, I have been doing quite a bit of faux stitching with a pen. But this time, I added real thread on the layout to make it look more realistic and give my layout something extra. 

"Family"


This is a special layout to me. One that is close to my heart. This layout is in celebration of my grandparents- married for many many years now. This photo is of them on their wedding day. I asked my mom for this photo in particular, because I wanted to not only scrap my kid's lives, but the heart of their heritage- which all began with these two. And of course, a few other key players, but you get the idea! ;)

I particularly enjoyed doing this layout, because it got me thinking of my grandparents and what I remember about them as I was growing up. I remember my grandmother and how she smells, and I remember this one day in particular laying down on her lap and playing with the jewelry she had on. 

I remember my Pappy's skin- rough after many years of work and hard times. One war, 60 plus years of marriage, 7 children, and years of working in the garden. He is strong, yet quiet. Peaceful soul.

I plan on journaling quite a bit on the back of this layout and sharing some of these memories. Isn't this what scrapbooking is all about? Saving those treasured memories for future generations? 

Sorry to get all "deep" on you. I guess I am just glad to be preserving memories like this one. 

I will be back later in the week for some CSI goodness- I can't wait for the reveal!!!

XOXO,

Adrienne










1 comment:

  1. Your tag is stunning and I love how that mini is coming along - looks so elegant! Love your layout too! You are on fire! :D

    ReplyDelete