Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Leftovers

Hi All!

I wanted to stop in quick this morning and share an idea with all of you- a way you can use up your leftover scraps- those bits and pieces. You know what I mean!

I personally have had some items-particularly paper flowers that I have had for some time now that I don't particularly care for. I also have some handmade flowers I have made over the course of the past couple of years that are of a color I just cant stand!! My neat and tidy self has had the urge to throw these items away, but I have kept them to await inspiration.

And the day has come.



Here is what you do.....
1.Lay out all your items you want to use up. In this case I has some paper flowers, some extra buttons, half of a Brick Wall, Peacock Feather, and some extra lose cogs-all Dusty Attic.

2. Glue down your picture where you want it. Add some molding paste around the photo with your finger to add some texture and help your photo sort of blend in with the paper. 
3. Add your misfit items and glue down. Soon they will be beautiful!
4. Once this is dry you want to add a layer of Gesso over ALL of it- except for you picture of course. Dry.
5. Misting time!!!!! I have used various mists to get it to the color I like. 
6. Lastly, I added black ink to a crackle looking stamp of mine and stamped around the edges for added interest. 
And that is it!!!!
See how easy it is?! You have used up all your scraps and made them into something totally beautiful!!!

I hope that I was able to inspire you today. Questions on the process, just let me know!!! I am happy to help!!!

Have a good one!

XOXO,

Adrienne






8 comments:

  1. such a creative and amazingly beautiful lo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. thanks for sharing this wonderful idea... I am a new follower x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work and am very excited to start following your blog I actually found you on Scrapbook.com and found instant inspiration from your work. Keep up the great job I can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing layout Adrienne!
    Thank you for sharing this fabulous technique.
    Great step by step.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is drop dead GORGEOUS!! I recently created something similar (for our scraplift challenge on the Prima blog), but mine isn't nearly as beautiful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy! Are you crazy?! LOL! You are amazing for one, and second- I saw that layout you scraplifted on the Prima Blog and it was beautifully done!!!!!!!! My work doesn't hold a candle next to yours!!!!

      Delete
  6. Awesome!!!!!!!!! Amazing that this brilliant layout was using "scraps" - I guess that is what scrapbooking is all about! You have done a brilliant job here! I totally agree and understand you need to "use up" stuff that you don't care for - I'm very neat too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so freaking awesome and creative! Wowzers! Such a cool idea. Wish you could post this as a tutorial over at CSI!

    ReplyDelete