I wanted to stop in quick this morning and share an idea with all of you- a way you can use up your leftover scraps- those bits and pieces. You know what I mean!
I personally have had some items-particularly paper flowers that I have had for some time now that I don't particularly care for. I also have some handmade flowers I have made over the course of the past couple of years that are of a color I just cant stand!! My neat and tidy self has had the urge to throw these items away, but I have kept them to await inspiration.
And the day has come.
Here is what you do.....
1.Lay out all your items you want to use up. In this case I has some paper flowers, some extra buttons, half of a Brick Wall, Peacock Feather, and some extra lose cogs-all Dusty Attic.
2. Glue down your picture where you want it. Add some molding paste around the photo with your finger to add some texture and help your photo sort of blend in with the paper.
3. Add your misfit items and glue down. Soon they will be beautiful!
4. Once this is dry you want to add a layer of Gesso over ALL of it- except for you picture of course. Dry.
5. Misting time!!!!! I have used various mists to get it to the color I like.
6. Lastly, I added black ink to a crackle looking stamp of mine and stamped around the edges for added interest.
And that is it!!!!
See how easy it is?! You have used up all your scraps and made them into something totally beautiful!!!
I hope that I was able to inspire you today. Questions on the process, just let me know!!! I am happy to help!!!
Have a good one!