Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Tutorial And Some Yummy Scrap Goodies

Hi All,

Just giving you all fair warning, this post is ALL about scrapbooking. If you aren't into that, then come back another time ;)

Or maybe I am just trying to shed some of my audience for this tutorial. In fact its actually my very first tutorial, which I find to be a very big deal and yet pretty embarrassing (as you can see I am an amateur), but think that I need to learn sometime. Might as well be now.

........So cut my some slack...... hehe.

Okay lets get started!

As promised I am going to show you all two very easy ways to alter your Dusty Attic chipboard pieces. Its going to be VERY simple and it will take no time flat. Also, Sorry in advance, as the lighting at my scrap table is not very good. I will work on the lighting situation for my next tut!

Here is a list of the items you will need:

  • Your favorite Dusty Attic Chippie which you can find here
  • Gesso or you can even paint it with acrylic paint (Any color)
  • Sponge (I use makeup sponges and they work great!)
  • Heat Gun
  • Stamp- It can be any stamp as long as it has a pattern (dots, script etc)
  • Embossing powder (I used red and pink)
  • Clear Embossing Ink Pad
  • Black Ink
  • Glimmer Mist, Shimmerz or Homemade Mist
Okay, first take your makeup sponge and cover your whole piece in Gesso or acrylic paint. Apply as thick or thin as you want. 

Your piece will look like this.


Next, while the paint is still wet, grab your embossing powder and sprinkle over your piece. I decided I will be adding a second color so I sprinkled sparingly. Or you could go wild! Whichever you want. This is technique has somewhat of a messy look to it so have fun!


Then I went on and added pink embossing powder. Again you want to do this quickly while the paint is still wet so plan ahead!
Next, you want to seal the color(s) by blasting it with your heat gun. You will know that the powder is melting because you will see it bubble slightly, but be sure not to burn it! 
And lastly, once that is all dry I inked the edges with black ink to give it added depth and interest.



Tada!

Closeup for your viewing pleasure.


Next for my second chippie I spritzed my piece with Glimmer Mist, but again you can always use homemade mists which is the majority of what I use. 
Dry with a heat gun to set.


Next, take your stamp and dab it with clear embossing ink. I decided on polka dots. Stamp your piece. While it is still wet sprinkle on the embossing powder.  Shake off excess and finally blast with your heat gun to set.


Your done!


Finished Products. Ready to use on a layout or project!


Thanks for bearing with me, I hope you found some inspiration in this. Next week I will be doing another tutorial on making you own layout background using paints and other mediums!

I want to share a couple of layouts with you that I did using some of the beautiful products from the STTG  store. I sat down to scrap yesterday and got to use some awesome product from the shop. I just loved using the Dusty Attic Flowers in Bloom and their new paper leaves. I also added some Zva Creative Blooms- The colors are incredibly vibrant and beautiful! I also got to play with Pearl Pens (Salmon). I was oh-so-curious about these and so excited to try them. I found that they are very 3-D and there is really no need for me to ever buy Pearl Bling again, because I can now make my own. Finally I finished the layouts off by gluing it all in place with Helmar 450. Uh, I need this by the gallon! Awesome. Once it was dry (and it drys quick) it was set! Here they are with all their yumminess!

                                                                    "Joy Peace Love"



                                                                       "Moments"


XOXO,

Adrienne



No comments:

Post a Comment