Monday, February 20, 2012

What Not To Wear

Okay my peeps.  Confession Time!

First Confession. Before Saturday I don't remember the last time I went out of the house and actually got to visit with friends, connect with Adults, all the while without my children. I felt so guilty that I wasn't with them. Why?

Second Confession. I don't recall the last time I really put my makeup on. And did my hair or cut it for that matter. Or wore sexy jeans. I am one big giant What NOT To Wear episode.
I feel like Stacy and Clinton might pop out of the bushes at any time and yeah.... it would just be bad.

Third confession. A good friend takes you out on a much-needed girl-date and treats you to a manicure, but goes one step further and makes you get your eyebrows waxed as well because quote;  "You have gone to the dark side" meaning in friend sign language- Your kids are sucking the life out of you (sometimes literally), you have let yourself go, stop wearing sweatpants, at least not everyday......."

(And for the record, yes, I did get my eyebrows waxed. It was quite liberating.)

It also speaks volumes when after she is done the sweet lady who waxed them says in her oh-so foreign voice---"Ahhh, you look better!"

I don't think that was meant to be a compliment! LOL!

Ultimately, I was reading a Mommy blog last week and this lady she basically wrote what God has been nudging me to do for awhile now, but I just didn't see it til it smacked me in the face. Here's how she put it-

"Take care of yourselves this weekend, please. Put the horse before the cart. Take care of your baby’s parent. Your friend’s friend. Your mama’s child. Yourself."
Ahhh...... Thank you "G."
This horse (me) cannot pull that heavy cart without taking care of myself first. Period. 
The beautification process is just beginning........ my babies will come to thank me. 
XOXO,
Adrienne 


No comments:

Post a Comment