Saturday, February 4, 2012

This Long Week Just Got Longer

Hi All,
I posted a couple of days ago, sharing how this week was incredibly long and draining. Well, it just got MORE fun (NOT!) last night around 11pm. But before we get to that I decided this week that I was going to alter a project, that being Bryan's Grandmother's Old Jewelry box. I desperately wanted to make this a piece I could remember her by. It was not looking very attractive when I first got it, but it had potential!


So you know me, I LOVE paint, so I began my adventures of sanding and painting and painting some more. I think I painted and stripped it back off about 5 times no joke. So by this time, I am getting pretty ticked and Bryan was cracking jokes in the background, so I am about to throw this thing out, but I decided to give it one more chance.

That was when Luke woke up screaming..... The week just got longer.

Luke woke up and he was wheezing- at least we thought at the time. We gave him a nebulizer treatment which wasn't working. I was fretting- terrified that he was going to stop breathing right there in our kitchen. My terror probably wasn't helping the situation as from my days in CPR you are to keep the person calm- This mommy was flipping out! 

Bryan rushed off to the hospital with Luke in tow and I was left at home with Karina. Now what does the normal mom do when she is wracked with worry and panic? I don't know that answer, but I will tell you what I did. I started to clean. Can I be any more weird?!?!

As I cleaned and prayed many things went through my mind, logically I knew Luke was going to be okay,but then the panicked mom overcame me for just a moment and I began to think of Luke and what I would do without him. I didn't let me mind get much farther than that.

I remembered a verse Philippians 4:6-7; "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

And you know what? I found peace right there in that bathroom cleaning away. Peacefulness overcame me so much that I stopped cleaning and got back to my creation. I at first thought how could I create while Luke was at Emergency, but you know I think God gave me this project just for this purpose, to keep my mind occupied until their return. God is such a smart God! He knows people like me need distraction!

So it turns out Luke has croup. Croup what?...... Luke has never had it before so I have not experienced this ugly virus first hand. It sounds like he is going to stop breathing at any minute. Scary stuff. So as I write this Luke is sound asleep ... I check on him every 10 minutes. I cant wait for him to be better.

So my altered box, here it is after I played with it.




It turned out a little more pink than I had hoped, and it did not turn out how I pictured in my head but its growing on me. Needless to say I think I will just stick with scrapbooking....lol!

I do hope I did Grandma proud with this- As I was working on it and cursing it she was probably having a good laugh at me up there in the clouds...... love you Grandma!

XOXO,
Adrienne

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can't believe that transformation!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete