Friday, February 24, 2012

Now and Then

Hi All!

I cannot believe it but both of my babies are still sleeping so I thought I would sneak in one more blog post before the weekend.

I COULD be folding the mountainous laundry file, but you know, there are plenty of other better things I would like to do. Can't a mom have fun?!

Oh Yes! She can! I went out on not one, but two mommy dates this week with my girlfriends! It can't get any better than that! I feel recharged and ready to take on the world! Thank you to my two wonderful friends who  love me despite my flaws!

On to the best part. I saw this on another blog and thought it was a cute idea. I thought today I would share with you my first ever scrapbook page and my most recent.....just for fun. Are you ready?!

So the first ever layout.... wow! I had to go rooting around for that one. See most people probably have their layouts in nice neat scrapbooks- I mean that's where they are supposed to go right? Well that is not the case for me. I realized after several months of these pages just piling up it would take a small fortune to put them ALL in a book. I mean I have two piles at least a foot high each. So they just pile up on the top shelf of my closet, waiting for.....something. At least I know they are safe there and out of little hands...AHEM.... LUKE!

Ahh, my first ever layout. How I loave thee!

Typically before I found this wonderful hobby, I would try desperately to find a hobby that suited me. I tried many things, I tried jewelry making as well as drawing with pastels....each I was so excited for but they soon fizzled out.

Meanwhile, my husband was just dying for me to get a hobby so I wouldn't be all up in his business all the time! HA!

It took me having my son, to realize that I was taking pictures like mad and well I needed a pretty place to put them all! Light bulb moment! Scrapbooking. Yes! I will take up scrapbooking. So its summer time 2010, that's when I really wanted get this scrapbooking thing.

I went out to Michael's Craft store and bought, a paper trimmer a paper pack, and a couple packs of stickers. And the rest is history. Oh how I think Bryan wished it had ended with that! His wallet would have thanked me!

                                                                           "Sweet"


And my most recent, which I did for The Color Room Challenge #99


Love those rich colors. Sigh......

"Seriously Too Cute"


oh, how my absolute favorite part of this is the peek-a-boo blue trim is tucked under the first layer of paper. Seriously in love with that. I have had that trim for probably at least two centuries! So excited to have found it and got to use it!

Wow! Look at the transformation....What I personally can't get over is how much I have grown and advanced in my hobby in a just under two years. Wow. I can't even fathom where this hobby will take me in the years to come. Stay tuned. You can be right there with me! I am totally psyched for the journey ahead!

Have a great weekend everyone!

XOXO,

Adrienne


No comments:

Post a Comment