Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hi All! I would like to share with you some of the things I have been busy doing these past couple of weeks!

First up is a layout inspired by a great scrapbooker by the name of Anna Dabrowska-Pekocka aka. Finnabair. She is sooo funny and so incredibly talented. I have never tried to make anything remotely like hers as she is CRAZY good and her layouts look incredibly hard to do. You can see some of her work here.

I recently watched a video tutorial by her and decided to try it. Now be reminded that I dumbed it down a bit as this is my first try at her technique. I hope soon to try something a bit more challenging.

                                                                             Smile


Here is one I did for The Color Room #98


Treasure Always


And lastly CSI #7


You're a Natural


And there you have it. Someone recently asked me what my creative process was and how I go from idea to finished product. I would have to say that normally I pick out a picture first or it there is a particular paper or embellishment I like, I will use that as a starting point. I usually look at the colors in the picture and go from there or I just convert my pictures to black and white which lends me more freedom to create with any color palette. I know A LOT of people in the scrap world use sketches, but I really never have used many. I mostly let me hands do the talking, letting myself just add elements as I go. I NEVER glue anything down until I have my mind made up as to where everything will go. Sometimes in the past I hated what I had created and had to rip everything off the page and start over. Glue can be my best friend or my worst enemy. ??????????????????????

Thanks for stopping in!

XOXO,

Adrienne







No comments:

Post a Comment