Monday, February 13, 2012

Brrr......

Oh How I would just love for winter to be over!
Who is with me?!?!?!?

This week has been eventful to say the least. Let's review.

~ Luke was just getting over Croup when Karina got hit with RSV. RSV is a respiratory virus and it is nasty... to the normal healthy adult is equates to just a common cold, but for an infant it can mean hospital time...which it did- two llllllooooonnnngggg days of hospital time.

~K landed herself a sweet bachlorette pad on the peds floor of the hospital. So spacious....so roomy....she loved her bed that looked like a cage and mommy and daddy's favorite spot? The cot next to the rattling radiator.

~ My new nickname for my sweet darling baby is "Queenie." My Queen got more attention than she could handle. Around the clock room service and people doting over her hand and foot. She looked just dashing in her beautiful yellow dress (hospital gown)- The real queen's favorite color, so I hear.

~Mommy Meltdowns reined supreme this week.... Daddy needs a vacation. Too bad for him that isn't in his future.

~ The Lord was faithful and brought Karina home on Saturday. Since then she acts like nothing happened and is back to her old Jekyll and Hyde self except she is sleeping around the clock.... giving the rest of the family time to play catch-up.

~My Queen is as beautiful was ever! I think this new name was also spurred on by my obsession with the "Downton Abbey"....a British inspired show I found on Netflix. LOVE!!!!!

Here is a couple of new Scrapbook Layouts I did this week;

Here is the new palette over at CSI;
http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com


Here is my take on it:


I LOVED doing this one! This is a picture of Luke on our va-ca to Maine summer of 10'. I once again, got my paint out.... I just love, getting messy with paint. I love using my fingers to spread the paint over the paper. So fun!

I also did one for The Color Room #97


Brrr....


I keep thinking about how my old scrapbooking self would labor over a page for who knows how long...I guess being seasoned scrapper now I don't second guess myself and can get a layout done in about an hours time. That's about all the time I have with two kids running around. No time for messing around. Speaking of, both are just stirring from their naps. How do they do that?! How do they get up at the same time? They must be plotting against me!

XOXO,
Adrienne





3 comments:

  1. Hi Adrienne,
    Just wanted to pop by and say thankyou so much for your beautiful comment on my blog, really appreciate it!!! Lovely layouts and blog you have here too, glad to see you play along at THe Color Room! Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your little ones were sick. :( I hope they're all better now!

    These layouts are beautiful, as is your blog! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both of these pages are incredible but I am blown away by that first one! Amazing...love the design and colors!

    ReplyDelete